Accreditations and memberships
Many of the courses that we run are accredited and recognised by relevant professional bodies within their respective fields. As part of our commitment to providing quality, relevant courses we seek accreditation and recognition wherever possible. In fact the Higher Education Funding Council of England awarded us a quality rating for 'Excellence in teaching'. On this page you will find information about our accreditations and memberships.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) has accredited the Kingston MBA in UK and in a growing number of international territories as well as our MA in Business Management as a Pre-Experience Master's in General Management (PEMM). Our DBA programme is also accredited by AMBA.
The European Foundation for Management Development EFMD awarded us EPAS accreditation for three major sets of programmes within the Business School - MSc International Business Management for Postgraduate; BA Business Management, BA International Business, and BBA Business Administration for Undergraduate and our doctoral programmes including our DBA and PhD.
Accounting & Finance
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) - Offers exemptions from professional examinations in both General Insurance and Financial Services.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) - Offers exemptions from professional examinations – the department have the maximum ICAEW exemptions available (8).
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) - Offers exemptions from professional examinations.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - Offers exemptions from professional examinations.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) - Offers Corporate Governance graduates ICSA status and full membership on completion of relevant experience.
Informatics & Operations Management
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) - awards member (MICPS) status once graduates have gained relevant experience
Leadership, HRM & Organisation
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) – PG Diploma in HRM is accredited by the CIPD. The department was also a Centre of Excellence (from 1986) until that CIPD stopped using this form of recognition.
- British Psychological Society - Accreditation of the MSc Occupational Psychology, full time and part-time programmes.
Strategy, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - Accredited Study Centre. Kingston full time Masters courses are recognised by CIM and published on their website.
The Academy for Business in Society (EABIS) is a unique global network of leading business schools, companies and thought leadership institutions, committed to mainstreaming sustainable business enterprise in business research, policy research, management education, executive learning and development. Our school is an active member of this global network with offices in New York, Brussels and Shanghai.