Work-Based Learning for Individuals
The working environment holds many learning opportunities. Our Work-Based Learning (WBL) programme provides the opportunity for you to gain academic recognition for learning gained at work.
If you are an individual then you can use your work experience to gain an academic qualification via a work-based learning contract in areas such as:
- Business, Management, Professional and Consultancy Practice
- Organisational Learning & Development Practice
- Career and Talent Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Leadership Practice
- Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Project Management Practice
A credit based programme of study will be designed along with our team and you will join individuals and companies in the same cohort studying the same subject. You will also benefit from:
- Taught classroom sessions
- Open and blended learning using web based study materials
- Other specialist training courses
- On-the-job development
A flexible 'learning agreement' framework allows you to tailor the programme around your work or organisation. It aims to make sure that the knowledge gained is relevant to both individual and organisational needs.
The programme can:
- Consist entirely of individual learning goals, based on current and future work activities.
- Include taught modules at Kingston University.
- Include credit from courses attended in the past and previous work-based activities.
You are assessed through your capability to put theory into informed practice, enabling your organisation to gain from their growing competence. At master’s level, students will also do a substantial work-based project or write an article suitable for publication in the professional journals.
For more information contact John Forgan J.Forgan@kingston.ac.uk ; 020 8417 5564