- Lloyds Bank PPI bill tops £13bn
Lloyds Banking Group's claims bill for PPI tops £13bn as it sets aside a further £1.4bn to compensate customers.
- Greek PM defends ex-finance minister
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras defends his former finance minister in a row over an "emergency plan" in case of Greece's exit from the euro.
- Swiss central bank in 50bn franc loss
The soaring value of the Swiss franc against the euro leads Switzerland's central bank to report a first half loss of 50bn francs.
- NatWest: Our website was 'targeted'
NatWest Bank has blamed earlier problems with its website on a series of deliberate attacks, known as a distributed denial of service (DDoS)
- Sanctions lifted on two Iran oil firms
The European Union has removed two Iranian oil companies from its sanctions list in the first such action since Iran's nuclear deal.