How can sustainable living become mainstream?
- Thursday 8 December 2011 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Karen Hamilton (Unilever)
- Lawley Lecture Theatre, Kingston Hill campus
- Strategy into Practice
The latest Strategy into Practice seminar brings in Karen Hamilton, VP Sustainability at Unilever to discuss Unilever's sustainability strategy.
Karen joined Unilever in consumer marketing in 1988 in their UK Personal Care company. After managing Unilever’s personal care brand for men, Axe, in Europe, Karen moved into a series of global marketing and strategic roles, including supporting the development of the Global Deodorants business and leading Unilever’s Global Personal Care strategy. Most recently Karen was Regional Category VP Deodorants Europe.
In her current role, VP Sustainability, she has a global remit and has led the development of the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan. Karen represents Unilever on a number of external sustainability boards including The Sustainability Consortium and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBSCD). In 2009 Karen published a paper at Copenhagen COP16 for the WBCSD Forum in partnership with Coca Cola to help other businesses tackle their impacts across the value chain. She is an alumnus of the University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership, Climate Change Leaders programme.
Topics that will be covered during this seminar include -
- The global sustainability challenges which face us all
- How Unilever, a fast moving consumer goods company, is trying to address the social and environmental impacts of its business
- The role brands can play in inspiring people to live greener lives
How to book a place
If you would like to reserve a space on this event please fill out the booking form