- Doctoral Topic:
- Word of Mouth
- Area of Interest:
- Word of Mouth; Online Consumer Behaviour; Social Media; eTourism
- Year of Study:
- Year 3
- Doctoral Title:
- “The roles of offline and online word of mouth on consumers’ decision processes”
- Professor Wendy Lomax, Professor Ruth Rettie and Professor Robert East
This research investigates how consumers interact with offline and online WOM relating to holidays, before and after their decision. It explores how consumers interpret the valence of WOM (i.e. positive, negative), pictures, and how these interpretations inform their behaviour.
Education and Work History
- Current PhD Research, Kingston Business School, MSc Management and Business Studies Research (with Distinction), Kingston Business School (2010); MA Strategic Marketing Management (with Distinction), Kingston University (2008);BA (Hons) Journalism, IVE University, Brazil (2000); BA (Hons) Advertising, FAAP University, Brazil (1995).
- Other Qualifications:
- Certificate of completion, ECCH, Case Study Workshop (2010); Certificate in Learning and Teaching in HE, Kingston University, (2009); Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing, CIM (2007)
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA), Faculty of Business & Law, Kingston University (2009 – Present).
Roles and activities include: Managing Brands (module assistant) - Assessing group presentations and marking assignments; Social Media guest lecturer - Postgraduate and undergraduate lecture preparation and presentation; Research Methods guest lecturer - MBA and Undergraduate lecture preparation and presentation; Undergraduate dissertation supervision; Marketing Communications Planning and Assistant Lecturer.
MBA and MAIBM Dissertation Supervision, Kingston University (2011 – 2012).
Academic support for Name Music IAP project (Knowledge transfer) (2009 – 2010).
Marketing Consultant (2004 – 2006).
Media Sales Manager, Radio Difusora de Caceres, Brazil (2000 – 2004).
Advertising Copywriter, Z8 Publicidade, Brazil (1996 – 1998).
Publications and Academic Achievements
Director of Research Award, Award for best overall achievement, MSc MBSR course (Kingston University, 2010).
Entrepreneurship Award, Award for best dissertation, MASM programme (Kingston University, 2009).
CONFERENCE PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
Vignardi, M. (2013) The roles of offline and online word of mouth on consumers’ decision processes , Faculty of Business and Law, Department Research Seminar, Kingston University.
Vignardi, M. (2012) The roles of online word of mouth on consumers’ decisions processes: an interpretivist approach. Oral presentation at EDAMBA, Soreze France.
Vignardi, M. and Rettie, R. (2009) Brand Building: Harnessing the Power of Social Network Sites. In: Academy of Marketing (AM) Annual Conference 2009: Putting Marketing in its Place; 7-9 Jul 2009, Leeds, U.K.