Dr Lesley Ledden
MA, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Strategy, Marketing and Innovation
KHBS4018 Kingston Business School
Kingston Upon Thames
- 020 8417 9000 Ext: 65456
Lesley has been at Kingston in various roles since 1992, joining the Department of Strategy, Marketing & Innovation in 2006.
Lesley is an alumnus of Kingston University, gaining an MA in Strategic Marketing Management in 2002 and an MSc in Management & Business Studies Research in 2005, both with Distinction. She received the Director of Research Prize for the best overall performance on the MSc in Management & Business Studies Research.
Lesley's doctoral research investigated how consumers' perceptions of value and the related behavioural outcomes such as satisfaction and intention change over time. Her PhD was awarded in 2009.
- Structural equation modelling using PLSGraph software
- Perceived consumer value
- Marketing of higher education
- Brand alliance in higher education
- Services marketing
- Non-profit marketing
- Qualitative Data Analysis (Level 7 marketing and communications courses)
- Marketing Applications (Level 5 Undergraduate)
- Dissertation supervisor for Level 7 marketing and Communications courses
- PhD supervisor
- From September 2013: Currently Course Director of the MSc Marketing & Strategy; MSc Marketing & Brand Management, MSc Marketing Communications & Advertising, MA Public Relations & Corporate Communications
- Co-Chair, 3rd International Conference on Contemporary Marketing Issues (ICCMI2015) hosted by Kingston University in June 2015
- September 2008 - September 2013: Course Tutor, BA (Hons) Marketing Management
- December 2006 - September 2008: Assistant Course Director, MA Marketing/Marketing with English
- September 2000 - November 2006: Marketing Communications Manager, Kingston Business School
- Currently marketing consultant to a design company providing design and marketing solutions to small businesses
- Academy of Marketing - Marketing of Higher Education SIG group
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
Kalafatis, Stavros, Ledden, Lesley, Riley, Debra and Singh, Jaywant (2016) The added value of brand alliances in higher education. Journal of Business Research, 69(8), pp. 3122-3132. ISSN (print) 0148-2963
Singh, Jaywant, Kalafatis, Stavros P. and Ledden, Lesley (2014) Consumer perceptions of cobrands: the role of brand positioning strategies. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 32(2), pp. 145-159. ISSN (print) 0263-4503
Kalafatis, Stavros and Ledden, Lesley (2013) Carry-over effects in perceptions of educational value. Studies in Higher Education, 38(10), pp. 1540-1561. ISSN (print) 0307-5079
Faroughian, Frank F., Kalafatis, Stavros P., Ledden, Lesley, Samouel, Philip and Tsogas, Markos H. (2012) Value and risk in business-to-business e-banking. Industrial Marketing Management, 41(1), pp. 68-81. ISSN (print) 0019-8501
Ledden, Lesley, Kalafatis, Stavros P. and Mathioudakis, Alex (2011) The idiosyncratic behaviour of service quality, value, satisfaction, and intention to recommend in higher education: an empirical examination. Journal of Marketing Management, 27(11-12), pp. 1232-1260. ISSN (print) 0267-257X
Ledden, Lesley and Kalafatis, Stavros (2010) The impact of time on perceptions of educational value. International Journal of Public Sector Management, 23(2), pp. 141-157. ISSN (print) 0951-3558
Gipp, Narissa, Kalafatis, Stavros and Ledden, Lesley (2008) Perceived value of corporate donations: an empirical investigation. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 13(4), pp. 327-346. ISSN (print) 1465-4520
Whittaker, Graham, Ledden, Lesley and Kalafatis, Stavros P. (2007) A re-examination of the relationship between value, satisfaction and intention in business services. Journal of Services Marketing, 21(5), pp. 345-357. ISSN (print) 0887-6045
Ledden, Lesley, Kalafatis, Stavros P. and Samouel, Phillip (2007) The relationship between personal values and perceived value of education. Journal of Business Research, 60(9), pp. 965-974. ISSN (online) 0148-2963
Conference or Workshop Item
Singh, Jaywant, Kalafatis, Stavros, Riley, Debra and Ledden, Lesley (2011) Co-branding in higher education: an investigation of student attitudes. In: 6th International Conference on Higher Education Marketing ICHEM 2011; April 18-20, 2011, Cairo, Egypt.
Singh, Jaywant, Kalafatis, Stavros P., Riley, Debra and Ledden, Lesley (2011) Cobranding in higher education: an investigation of student attitudes. In: The 2nd Annual Faculty of Business and Law Conference: Emerging Issues in Business and Law; 10 May 2011, Kingston upon Thames, U.K.. (Unpublished)
Kalafatis, Stavros, Ledden, L. and Mathioudakis, A. (2010) Re-specification of the theory of consumption values. In: Emerging Issues in Business and Law; 22 Jun 2010, Kingston upon Thames, U.K.. (Unpublished)
Ledden, Lesley and Kalafatis, Stavros (2008) The dynamic nature of customer value: an empirical examination of the passage of time on perceptions of educational value. In: International Conference on Higher Education Marketing (ICHEM) 2008: Marketising, Marketing and Higher Education; 2-4 Apr 2008, Krakow, Poland.
Ledden, L, Kalafatis, SP and Samouel, P (2006) The relationship between personal values and perceived value of education. In: 1st Symposium of the Academy of Marketing Special Interest Group; 2006, Cyprus.
Ledden, Lesley (2009) The dynamic nature of value: a longitudinal study. (PhD thesis), Kingston University.