Ms Maryam Zahmatkesh
Ph.D, Msc, Bsc, AFHEA
Kingston Business School
- +44 (0)20 8417 5122 Ext: 65122
Maryam is a lecturer ( assistant professor) in HRM and organisational behaviour. She is towards the completion of her Ph.D. from the Royal Holloway University of London, where she has conducted a cross-cultural comparative study on hospital middle managers in England and Iran. Prior to her academic career, Maryam worked as the general manager in hospitals in both public and private sector.
- Decentralisation in various forms including autonomy
- International comparative research
- Middle managers
- Identity and identity work
- HRM and organisational behaviour in healthcare organisations
- Middle managers’ identity
- Comparative health management reforms and international comparison of hospital autonomy
Maryam is teaching in the areas of HRM and Healthcare Management at both post-graduate and undergraduate level. She is currently the module leader for the ‘Managing Resources’ BU5001 and teaching on ‘Managing Human Resources and Self Development’ BH5005.
Maryam has worked in the areas of HRM and Healthcare Management over the last ten years. In addition to the research experience, Maryam has firsthand experience of working in healthcare organisations, mainly hospitals as a general manager. Her role included supervision of all aspects of the day to day smooth running of the hospital, such as managing the HR, finance, access, targets and quality standards as well as contributing to the strategic planning, and arranging conventions. She worked with a wide range of managers and clinicians at different levels. Her time at the hospital gave her the chance to work alongside all levels of management in both private and public sector.
- Member of British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Associate fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Member of the Society for the Study of Organising Healthcare (SHOC)