Our research activities play a very important role in the Business School. We have a vibrant research community where staff and research students work alongside associates from government and industry. Research is a key part of our approach to learning and each department runs its own programmes and projects within a coordinated framework. We also encourage and resource specialist research, undertaken by students studying for their PhD and DBA doctorates.
A wide ranging approach
- Research centres and groups in all departments
- Established doctoral research programmes
- Staff involved in research and consultancy in their departments
- Specialist expertise in areas such as small business and employment
- Special projects are conducted for external clients involving undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students as well as our expert staff
You can search faculty research profiles by visiting our research interests and expertise page.
Acknowledged Centre of Excellence
- International reputations of staff
- Supported secondments to industry and government
- Dedicated facilities
- Ongoing external funding from private and public sector sponsors
- Member of EUDOKMA and EDAMBA (European Doctoral Programmes Association in Management and Business Administration) an international consortium for the training of postgraduate research students
Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the international reputations of staff, both academically and with their respective industry organisations. External sponsors such as HSBC Bank, Nokia, the Soros Foundation and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) provide substantial and ongoing funding.