- Doctoral Topic:
- Networks and SMEs internationalisation
- Area of Interest:
- SMEs internationalisation, Small business research, entrepreneurship, social networks, and network capital
Bochra is a full time doctoral student where she completed her MRes in 2016. Prior to joining Kingston University she obtained her Master’s degree in Global Business Environment from Sheffield Hallam University where she graduated with Distinction. She also has a Master’s degree in Banking and Finance from the University of Sheffield obtained in 2012. Bochra moved to the U.K. in 2010 after she obtained her Bachelor degree in Economics from the University of Aleppo in Syria, her beloved home country.
- Year of Study:
- Doctoral Title:
- The effect of social and network capital on SMEs internationalisation: the case of small and medium size firms in the U.K.
- Professor George Saridakis and Professor Robert Blackburn
Using mixed method approach, surveys and in-depth interviews, the doctorate research will understand how social networks, and the social capital embedded within these networks helpe entrepreneurs to expand their businesses abroad. In addition, the research will differentiate between different types of social capital in order to examine which type led to a higher degree of internationalisation. Moreover, it will test the effect of 'calculative networks', network capital on internationalisation where a differentiation between different types of network capital will be applied in order to examine which type led to a higher degree of internationalisation.
Education and Work History
- MRes (Kingston University London), MSc. Global Business Environment (Sheffield Hallam University), MSc. Money, Banking and Finance (The University of Sheffield), PGD in Business and Law (The University of Sheffield), BSc. Economics (The University of Aleppo)
- Associate Lecturer (2014-2015), Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University (Sheffield, UK)
- Business Environment (Level 4)
- Business Economics (Level 4)
- Perspective of International Business (Level 4)
Consultancy Project (Post Graduate)
- Supervision of Post Graduate Dissertations
- Assistant Accountant, (2009-2010), Agha Khan Establishment for Cultural Services (Aleppo/ Syria)
- Assistant Accountant, (2008-2009), Krayyem Industrial Establishment (Aleppo/ Syria)