Asia Business Research Centre
The Asia Business Research Centre (ABRC) is located in the Faculty of Business and Law. The Centre acts as the centre of excellence for the research with Asia at Kingston University. The members in the Centre have particularly strong expertise in China and East/South-East Asia, and currently there is a strong focus on the emergence of China in global economic development.
ABRC has three overarching aims:
- Internally, to act as the centre of excellence for the continuation of and further development of research related to Asia within
- Faculty of Business and Law, and to help the Faculty to achieve external visibility with expertise in International Business and Management.
- To establish the research collaboration with all the faculties in the University and international partners, particularly with China, and to help the University to establish the reputation in Chinese study.
- To develop advance professional knowledge and standards in the field of Business and Management with particular reference to China and Asia; and hence provide training/consultation with high quality and relevance to parties interested/involved in doing business in these geographical domains.
Research projects currently being undertaken include:
- The Internationalization Process and HRM issues in Chinese MNCs
- Talent Management in Chinese Media Sector ( this research project is carried out in collaboration with the Media
- Management Research Center of Tsinghua University, China)
- Innovation and Technology Transfer in Chinese Health Sector