Below is a list of recent research graduates and their thesis titles:
2017 Doctor of Philosophy
- CRISAFULLI Benedetta - 'Customer Perceptions of Guarantee Policies and Employee Behaviour in Service Recovery An Investigation of Justice, Signalling and Attributions'
- KENGATHARAN Lingesiya - 'Capital Budgeting Theory and Practices'
- LAKER Benjamin - 'Understanding the impact of investment on business performance in different markets over time: Lessons from eight academy schools'
- PEREIRA John - 'An Empirical Investigation of Corporate Credit Default Swap Spreads and Returns'
- ALAHAKONE Ratnesvary - 'Corporate Volunteering: An Analysis of the Drivers, Mediating Mechanisms and Outcomes'
- CHAWDHARY Rahul - 'Investigating the Consequences of Word of Mouth from a WOM Sender’s Perspective in the Services Context'
- LAI Yanqing - 'Employee Relations in SMEs: An Empirical Approach Using the Workplace Employment Relation Survey (WERS 2011)'
- DAVIS Katherine - 'Reconciling views of project success: A multiple stakeholder model'
- SABBAGH Muna - 'A Lack of Parental Responsibility for Young Offenders? A Developmental Approach to the Adolescent Risk-Taking Stage'
- LUECKE Heike - 'Insolvency Darwinism – Forum Shopping Activities from Germany to England as an Example of a Driver of Insolvency Law Perfection'
- BOATSWAIN Marvyn - 'Decoy Effects in Brand Positioning'
- ATTAKORA Kofi - 'Complying with Articles 1 and 2 of the UN Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women: The Case of Ghana and the United Kingdom'
- LEIGH Gavin - 'Moral Responsibility and Criminal Liability for Unforeseen Death: Reconstructing Unlawful and Dangerous Act Manslaughter''
- SEEGER Sabine - 'Interactions between Professional Advisors and Senior Executive Clients: An Inductive Investigation into Client Decision-Making in Selection of Advisors'
2017 PhD by Prior Publication
- BROWN Duncan - 'Reward Strategy: Defining, Researching and Practicing the Concept of Reward Strategy in the UK'
2017 Doctor of Business Administration
- AMGHEIB Ali - 'How Leadership Styles and Follower Characteristics Predict Follower Work Outcomes in Libyan Organisations'
2017 MRes – Master of Research Business and Management
- AL MULLA Sarah
- ALENZI Fawaz
- ALJARALLAH Mohamed
- BAAZEEM Rami
- BABARINDE Ibukunolu
- BARRETO Ronelle
- GAROFALL Alan
- IDRIS Bochra
- IVANOVA Anna
- JENSEN Barbara
- JONES Kathryn
- KASHMOULA Mohammad
- KODE Florence
- MAHMOOD Farooq
- MONJED Hend
- OEZ Gülcihan
- PARKES Richard
- RAKEEB Fathima
- SCHNITZLER Katy
- SOON Juan
- YOHANNA Babangida
2016 Business & Management MRes
- ABDUL KARIM Nor Ashikin
- CHAMPAGNIE Leigh
- GOLFOROUSH Behzad
- GRILLO Alessandro *
- PRICE Alison
- SHAABIN Saja
2016 Doctor of Philosophy
- ABDELMEGEED Nadia - '(Peeking Out from Behind the Veil) Female Entrepreneurial Networking Process: an Exploratory Study of Women Entrepreneurs in the Context of Saudi Arabia'
- FAKOUSSA Rebecca - 'Exploring the Landscape of Boards of Directors in Small and Medium Sized Family Businesses in the UK'
- KENGATHARAN Navaneethakrishnan - 'Working to live, not living to work: A study on work family conflict among Sri Lankan banking employees'
- TENNAKOON MUDIYANSELAGE Hemamali - 'The impact of information security and its related constructs on purchase intention of social commerce users'
2016 Doctor of Business Administration
- BRAND Martin - 'Collaborating to achieve shared objectives in the public sector: Capabilities required by the individual participant organisation to realise collaborative advantage'
- EGBENIYOKO Owhigho - 'Exploring the Critical Success Factors of Business Intelligence System Implementation: An Empirical Study and Proposed Integrated Model'
- PARKER Pauline - 'The effect of product integration on performance post acquisition: Factors influencing the capture of value in the case of highly acquisitive firms in the business software industry'
2015 Management & Business Studies Research MSc
- ELFADEL Fawz
- HUNTER Stella
- RAZZAK Bm
- THARANI Taslim
2015 Business & Management MRes
- BINTI GHAZALI Aziatul
- BURTON Helen
- DI MADDALONI Francesco
- OJODU Hameed
- OWUSU-AGYEMANG Joe
- QUAMINA La Toya
- TAHIR Muhammad H
2015 Master of Philosophy
- WEBBER Grant - 'Bank Foreign Direct Investment: A Russian Perspective'
2015 Doctor of Philosophy
- AREVSHATIAN Lilith - 'They just don’t really get it: This is a vocation and I wanna do it: Exploring the Wellbeing of ‘Customer Service’ Workers in Healthcare'
- HERMIDAS Amir - 'An Investigation of the Effect of Civil Liberties and Political Rights on Foreign Direct Investment'
- KASSAMANY Talie - 'Accrual and Real-based Earnings Management and the Market Performance of UK Acquirers'
- SANKAE Nopdol - 'The quintessence of leadership: Antecedents and consequences for employee wellbeing and organisational commitment'
- YUSUF Afees - 'Behavioural Aspects of Self-Employment Dynamics'
- COLLINGWOOD Lisa - 'Privacy Protection under the English Legal system: is it adequate given the challenges raised by online communicating between individuals?'
- Chi MAHER - 'Understanding Managerial Career Anchors and Career Path Preferences: A Case Study of Third Sector Social Enterprise Managers'
- Anton MALJUGIN - 'Emergence of Dynamic Capabilities in Low-Velocity Industries: A Case Study of European Shipbuilding Industry'
- David Geoffrey JOBSON - 'Explaining the Responses of Front Line Managers to the Adoption of E-Rostering in a Mental Health Trust'
- Akin OJOLO - 'Managerial Competences and Differential Performance in Further Education Colleges: a case study of four further education colleges in England'
- Demet Fusun DRAMALI - 'Moderating effect of forecasting methods between forecasting criteria and export sales forecasting effectiveness. An Empirical Model for UK Organisations'
- Sudha MATHEW - 'The Influence of Board Attributes on Firm Risk in Large Publicly held UK Firms'
2014 PhD by Publication/Portfolio
- Raymond Hugh YOUNGS - 'A comparative law assessment of the contribution which German human rights law can make to English human rights law'
2014 Management and Business Studies Research MSc
- Benjamin LAKER
- Maram Ahmed TAWEEL
- Elena Leonidovna DZYADEVICH
- Muhammad Rizwan MALIK
- Syeda Farheen Batul ZAIDI with distinction
- Helen Rosalind ROBINSON with distinction
- Patricia HARRIS with distinction
- Zoltan DER
- Helen Linda MARTIN
- Keith John WILSON
- Pauline Olivia PARKER
- Khalil ALIZADEH
- Seyed Mohammad ALEMZADEH
- Amitavo BAIRAGI
2014 Postgraduate Diploma
- Eric NHODZA
- DAVIES Gareth - 'The Impact of Organisational Culture, Learning and Knowledge Development on Performance'
- GONZALEZ BREE Francisco - 'An Examination of Drivers of Attitudes and Intention to Use ATMS for Cash Deposits'
- HUDSON Philip George - 'Understanding why Beyond Budgeting has not been widely adopted'
- KIWANUKA Keefa - 'An Evaluation of the Impact of the Competitive Pressures of New Public Management on the Voluntary Sector Organisations' Effectiveness'
- KOSHY Jacob Kalaparampil - 'An exploration of the use in practice of credit risk models'
- GROVES Winnifred Ngum - 'Diagnosing and prescribing by nurses in different health care settings: perceptions and experiences of key stakeholders in Cameroon'
- KULDILOKE Somsawai - 'Determinants of consumer intention towards ethical buying'
- LI Zelin - 'A Socio-Technical Approach for Mobile Health Informatics together with Organisational Change: Case Studies in Community Healthcare Service Centres in China'
- RACHELE Judith Smith - 'Effective Diversity Management'
- REES Nicola Jane - 'The Labyrinthine Law of Disposal of the Dead'
- WESTON Alia - 'Creativity in the Informal Economy of Zimbabwe'.
- XU Wei Wei - 'Career Management: A Study of the Chinese Film Production Industry'
2013 Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Management Theory and Methods
- WALJI Nazir Rajabali
2013 Management and Business Studies Research MSc
- AL-JAWDER Ali Abdulla
- CHANDRA Gaurav
- CHAWDHARY Rahul (with distinction)
- CRISAFULLI Benedetta (with distinction)
- DAVIS Katherine Louise
- GILL Victoria Louise
- HUTTON David Mark
- MIEDTANK Tina (with distinction)
- OKUSAGA Enitan
- PEREIRA John (with distinction)
- SANKAE Nopdol
- UDEGBE Ijeoma Gemma
- YASOTHARALINGAM Lingesiya
- YUSUF Afees Olanrewaju
- NURSE Andrew - 'An investigation into the nature of individual and organisational capability and their linkage: how the competence of an NHS hospital is enacted through patient-care related actions and the use of organisational artefacts by its doctors'
- SCULLY Declan - 'The Role of Relational Norms in Enhancing Adaptation in Business Relationships by Controlling Uncertainty and Opportunism'
- SULLIVAN Sidney George - 'Stakeholder Theory and Practice: How does it affect the management of parks and green spaces?'
- WILSON-Cole Dennis - 'Governance within the UK Charity Sector: Case Study evidence from three Charities'
- ATHAYDE Rosemary - 'Measuring Enterprise Potential in Young People: Developing a Robust Evaluation Tool'
Supervisors - Robert Blackburn, Mark Hart, Stavros Kalafatis
- KANJANAPITAK Rukkagee - 'Knowledge Transfer in International Joint Ventures: The Case Study of Bangkok Hospital’s Knowledge Transfer to its Cambodian-based Joint Ventures'
- BELTMAN Schelte - 'Culture within higher education. A portrait of manifestations of the culture within higher education in England and the Netherlands in the post-Bologna era'
- FARMER Mark - 'An Empirical Investigation of Relative Performance Evaluation in UK Chief Executive Compensation'
2012 PhD by Publication/Portfolio
- JOHNSTON Carolyn - 'Divergence in healthcare decision-making – seeking a consensus on the meaning and application of ‘best interests’.'
- BARENDREGT Arie Teunis - 'Do Small Enterprises Study Their Competitors? A Case Study Analysis of the Competitor Study by Dutch Business to Business Enterprises'
- FAROUGHIAN Frank Farhang - 'The Impact of Value in Developing Loyalty in E-Services: The Case of UK E-Banking'
- MENDAS Zrinka - 'Ambiguities and Complexities of Obtaining Value for Money in the National Health Service: Storytelling Approach'
- PAYNE Timothy Jon - 'Identifying and Evaluating Factors that help to contribute to IS “success” for Software Development Projects in Multi-National Organisations'
- PEDRAZ Ana Maria - 'Stochastic Optimization of Aero-engine Maintenance Schedules'
YATES John Alexander - 'The Influence of Entrepreneurship on the Relationship between Corporate Governance and Corporate Performance'
2011 Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Management Theory and Methods
- BEYERS Johann David
- LEWIS Robert Alan
- KADIRI Hafisi
- CAO Jiang Hong - 'The Role of Entrepreneurship in China's SMEs in Effecting Technology Transfer from Local Universities'
- ALI SYED Sameera - 'Small Business Marketing: Managing Word of Mouth in Small Service Businesses. Longitudinal Case Studies of Independent Hotels and Health and Fitness Clubs'
- HYNES Briga - 'Determinants of Small Firm Growth – An investigation of the Role of Owner-Manager, Firm and Business Strategy Characteristics'
- STANTON John - 'Democracy in Sustainable Development: Accountability and Participation in Britain’s Local Communities'
- CONSTABLE Stephen John - 'Relationship Quality and Relationship Value as Key Drivers of Relationship Satisfaction and Long-Term Orientation in Buyer-Seller Relationships: The Case of the UK Electrical and Electronics Industries'
- HAY David James - 'Managing Relationships in Public Private Partnerships'
- HODGETTS Mark Edward - 'The Use of Modelling and Computer Simulations to Achieve an Increased Understanding of Competitive Dynamics'
- HOUGHTON Tom - 'The Information and Knowledge Resources Used by Managers to Inform their Decision Making'
- JUDSON, Robert Graham - 'A Study of the Effects of Leadership Style and Organisational Culture on Organisational Performance'
- MCNALLY Keith - 'Values Orientation Influencing Relationship Cooperative Behavioural Mechanisms between Health PFI Project Leaders'
- NORGATE Gary John - 'Corporate Governance and Performance, The Moderating Effect of the Entrepreneurial Organisation'
- LEDDEN Lesley Ann - 'The Dynamic Nature of Value: a Longitudinal study'
- VOURVACHIS Petros - 'In search of explanations for Corporate Social Reporting (CSR)'
- SAMARATUNGA Mahesha - 'The Transfer of Human Resource Practices from Parent MNC to an Overseas Subsidiary: The Impact of the Introduction of Regionalisation.'
- DYAS Vivienne Faraj - 'Constituents of Performance: Investigating Relational Contracting in a Construction Industry Setting to Establish a Framework for Drivers of Performance.'
- RICHTER Stefan - 'Evaluating the Value of the Firm as a Function of The Firm Operating as a Capability Based Complex Adaptive System.'
- CHARALAMBIDOU Anastasia - 'The Impact of Host Investment Conditions in Bulgaria on Inward FDI Pattern.'
- SHOKEEN Priti - 'Institutionalization of Socially Responsible Investment in Canadian Pension Funds: A Grounded Theory Approach.'
- STEERS Ian Robert - 'The Ethical Dilemmas of an HR Practioner.'
- ANOMELECHI-ONYEODI Ndubuisi Chikwendu - ‘Towards Favourable Outcomes of ERP System Implementation: The Quest for an Effective Model for Achieving Success.'
- ISLAM Quamrul - ‘Performance Measures and Relationship Development in a Bilateral Governance Structure.'
- SAFFELL Caroline - ‘Values, Value, Risk and Satisfaction as Antecedents to continue in farming with specific reference to farming in Great Britain.'
- KHELIFI Abdenour-Karim - ‘Attitudinal Determinants of Consumer Behaviour : An Empirical Study in the UK Credit Card Sector.’
- PATTERSON Conor Joseph - ‘The Success of Local Economies – What Contribution does Social Capital Make? – the case of Northern Ireland.’
- WILSON Nicholas Charles - ‘Explaining Labour Market Emergence: The Case of Early Music Performance in the UK.’
- PUNJ Raghav - 'The Strategic Responses of Indian Room Air-Conditioner Manufacturers to Liberalisation, Market Reform, and the Entry of Foreign Competition.'
- TLEMSANI Issam - 'The Compatibility if Islam and the West: The Context of Global Banking.'
- BRABAZON Anthony - 'Product Invention as a Complex Adaptive System: An Investigation of the Impact of Inventors Search Heuristics on the Rate of Invention.'
- CONWAY Clifford - 'New Media: the Effects of Networking and Cluster Co-Location on Learning and Innovation.'
- MANOOCHEHRI Farideh - 'Managerial Considerations for the Successful Implementation of Internal Corporate Venturing.'
- FERGUSON Claire - ‘Feelings in the Air; An investigation into the Role of Mood and Emotion in Consumer Purchase Behaviour and the Impact of Store Atmosphere on Consumer Mood States.'
- MATHIOUDAKIS Alexandros - 'Explicit and Tacit Information Exchange as a Determinant of Business Relationships.'
- ROUSE Julia - 'Enterprise, Identity and Structure: A Longitudinal Study of Youth Enterprise Experiences.'
- COLLINS Michael Geoffrey - 'New Perspectives on Flexible Working: A Case Study of Teleworking, Part of a Flexible Working Initiative at Lloyd’s of London.'
- COLLIS Roberta Jill Fitzgerald -'The Utility of the Statutory Accounts to the Directors of Small Private Companies in the UK.'
- MEGDAD Abdulhai Mohammed - 'Internet and the Design of International Channels of Distribution: Theoretical Conceptualisation.'
- SHARIF Khurram Jahangir - 'Trust as a Determinant of Upstream and Downstream Long-Term Orientation in SME Business Relationships.'
- ZHANG Miao - 'Multinationals, the Internationalisation Process and Human Resource Management Strategy: A Case Study of UK Subsidiaries of Chinese MNC’s.'
- GILLIE Simon Patrick - 'Factoring and the Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME).'
- THEODORAKOPOULOU Ageliki - 'Transferring Personnel Management across National Boundaries: An Exploratory Study of Personnel Management in Greece.'
- BLANKSON Charles - 'Positioning and Life Cycle Stages in the UK Services Industry.'
- BUTTERFIELD Reginald Arthur - 'The Introduction of New Public Management in the Police Service: Its impact on the role of the Police Sergeant Supervisor.'
- ESHHATI Mohammed - 'A Strategic Approach to the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Companies.'
- KUUSISTO Jari Heikki - 'The Determinants of Service Capability in Small Manufacturing firms.'
- POLLARD Michael David - 'Environmentally Friendly Products: A Comprehensive Model of Consumer Buying Behaviour.'
- STUTCHBURY Peter - 'Source Credibility and Message Variation in a Conflict.'
- CHESHER Michael Clifford - 'Identifying best practices in the Use of Electronic Commerce by Larger Organisations.'